How to Master A Mix & Match Wardrobe for Girls
Learn how to master mix-and-match styling to create 15+ outfits for your kiddo, out of just 10 items!
Versatility goes a long way… in your closet and your budget! Although somewhat time consuming, utilizing a mix-and-match wardrobe allows for flexibility and ease without breaking the bank, and is also the perfect strategy for putting together a back-to-school wardrobe for your kiddo. Take a look at how we mix-and-matched 10 items 15 different ways! (Psst. there are even more ways that we didn’t show – the possibilities are endless!).
Don’t forget to take notes on the tips that will help you master the mix-and-match at the end of the post.
- Sequin Sneakers (Gap Kids)
- Black Flats (Stride Rite)
- Zip Hoodie (Macy’s)
- Graphic T-Shirt (Macy’s)
- Statement Top (Gap Kids)
- Printed Pants (Gap Kids)
- Chambray Shirt (Macy’s)
- Short Sleeve Dress (Gap Kids)
- Tulle Skirt (Gap Kids)
- Jeans (Gap Kids)
1. Zip Hoodie, Jeans, Graphic T-Shirt, Sequin Sneakers
2. Chambray Shirt, Graphic T-Shirt, Jeans, Black Flats
3. Chambray Shirt, Graphic T-Shirt, Printed Pants, Tulle Skirt, Sequin Sneakers
4. Short Sleeve Dress, Chambray Shirt, Printed Pants, Sequin Skirts
5. Chambray Shirt, Short Sleeve Dress, Black Flats
6. Graphic T-Shirt, Jeans, Sequin Sneakers
7. Statement Shirt, Jeans, Black Flats
8. Graphic T-Shirt, Tulle Skirt, Sequin Sneakers
9. Statement Shirt, Printed Pants, Sequin Sneakers
10. Zip Hoodie, Chambray Shirt, Printed Pants, Sequin Sneakers
11. Chambray Shirt, Jeans, Black Flats
12. Chambray Shirt, Printed Pants, Black Flats
13. Graphic T-Shirt, Printed Pants, Sequin Sneakers
14. Graphic T-Shirt (tied up), Short Sleeve Dress, Sequin Sneakers
15. Short Sleeve Dress and Sequin Sneakers
Tips to Master the Mix & Match:
- Start by picking a color palette. If you are in need of some inspiration, a simple “color palette” search on Pinterest can do the trick.
- Head to your favorite stores and search for items in that color palette that are both versatile and true to your kiddo’s personal style. Tip: A lot of stores (like Gap Kids and Gymboree) section their stores based off of color palettes, which makes picking items a breeze for you!
- Try to achieve the perfect triangle! If you’re going to do a 10-item mix and match, the perfect triangle would look like this: 1 dress, 2 pairs of shoes, 3 bottoms, and 4 tops. Tip: Remember to pick items that can be layered (t-shirts, cardigans, long sleeves, button ups, etc.).
- By achieving the above items, you have given yourself the freedom to mix & match to your heart’s desire! The best part? You can even have the confidence to let your kiddo pick out their outfit based on these 10 items! No matter which way they pair them they can’t go wrong, and they can have fun creative freedom about what they wear!
Don’t worry boys – you’re chance is next! Stay tuned for mixing and matching a wardrobe for boys..